Family & Matrimonial
Russells’ family law team brings a wealth of experience to the complex and stressful issues that arise on divorce and relationship breakdown. At these difficult times, we can provide clarity, support and solutions.
We handle our clients’ instructions with the utmost care and sensitivity and our aim is to listen, understand and focus on their needs.
Creating solutions that are discreet, pragmatic and cost efficient is a vital part of our work whether through negotiation, mediation, the collaborative process or if necessary the courts. We will explain in a clear and unambiguous way the practical steps required in order to achieve a long lasting settlement. We recognise that our clients need to understand the options available to them.
In contrast to many firms, our first objective is to avoid conflict with other lawyers unless there is no other way to achieve a fair outcome.
Discretion and privacy are paramount and together with our reputation management department we ensure that any press or media interest is swiftly dealt with and we are proud of our record of keeping news of famous divorce settlements we have negotiated out of the media.
Many of our clients are high profile, wealthy individuals with sophisticated and intricate financial arrangements from diverse backgrounds including the music industry, media, banking and the business world. However, we also represent men and women with more limited resources simply seeking a high level of family law expertise and support. Our advice is always mindful of the clients’ resources and the ongoing needs of the family.
We work closely with a number of other highly regarded professionals, including forensic accountants, financial advisers, and family therapists who are all experts in their own fields. In this way we can offer a comprehensive service to assist and support those going through the difficult experience of a relationship breakdown.
All of our family lawyers are members of Resolution, the UK’s recognised organisation for specialist family lawyers.
The following are some examples of the types of issues our family law team can help you with:
• * Divorce and dissolution of civil partnership
• * Prenuptial and Postnuputial agreements
• * Civil partnership and cohabitiation agreements
• * Cohabitation issues or unmarried couples including property rights and children
• * Financial settlements arising out of divorce or separation
• * Disputes involving children of a relationship including applications for Leave to Remove from the jurisdiction
• * Financial applications for children of unmarried couples (known as Schedule 1 applications)
• * Emergency injunctions in relation to both finances and domestic violence
• * Handling blackmail or publicity threats
Please contact Carol Ellinas on 020 7439 8692 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how we can help protect the interests of you and your family.